I have successfully completed
three advertisements by following the brief. My three
print advertisements are to advertise a range of lipsticks. Each lipstick
colour reflects the feel and trend of the season. I have produced three print
adverts the would be positioned in beauty magazines and on a billboard
displayed around shopping centres and drugstores. The target audience is women
age 14-23 with a social grade of demographics of unemployed young adults and
teenagers and casual workers. I looked at Burt bees lipsticks as they as a
company are very natural and nature orientated which relates to my products as
I have done lipsticks for each season, which is also to do with nature. I also
did a primary audience research using Survey Monkey to find out what my target
audience liked and what they thought looked best. Involving them in this and on
social media would get them excited to buy the product, as they know that they
were involved in the planning. It also lets me know what is going to make the
product sell best.
I have looked at the codes and conventions for previous
professional makeup and lipstick advertisements and used them for my own
adverts.
For my adverts, I have used a close-up image of a model
wearing a coloured lipstick to match the season. The images are original and
clearly show what is being advertised to the target audience.
I had produced many different adverts that I was not happy
with until I finally produced three that I thought had a professional look and
followed the design brief. The first time when photographing the models, I used
studio lighting, this would have been okay but I found that using natural
lighting reflected the products that promoted seasons and nature. The natural
lighting had to be not so bright as the model was squinting but so give them a
nice glow which would have a positive effect of the advert.
My logo and brand name follows
genre conventions, as the Logo is in a serif font just as many other
makeup brands Logos are. The logo is very basic, I found this was also a
similarity between most makeup brands also. he names ‘Be you’ is good since its
reminding the target audience who are so heavily peer pressured my social media
that they can still wear makeup and still be themselves.
For the camera angles, I used to head on close-ups of the
face and one side view of the face. I always had the model looking at the
camera as this follows codes and conventions of pervious advertisements and
makes the target audience feel as if they are being directly addressed.
In all three adverts, I had a close shot from a medium
/high angle. This really complemented the lip colour and made it stand out more
at this angle than if I took the picture from a low angle. This really sells
the product as it’s making it look appealing and good on the model and
something new that isn’t often used. The target audience want to be new and
innovative so they can keep up with the trends of the season.
The mise-en-scene choices I made were to attract the
target audience to identify with them with a slight admiration. Since they do
aspire to be like them they will buy the lipsticks thinking that will make them
like the model. I have used natural lighting to make the model seem more
natural, this will make her look more like a real person and not too fake and
edited. She is also a similar age to the target audience so they can also
identify with her in that way.
Also, when preparing the models, I kept the makeup quite
natural with the bold lip colour so the attention doesn’t get draw away from
the product being advertised.
Assignment 3 Evaluation
My three print advertisements are to advertise a range
of lipsticks. Each lipstick colour reflects the feel and trend of the season. I
have produced there print adverts the would be positioned in beauty magazines
and on a billboard displayed around shopping centers and drugstores. The target
audience is women age 14-23 with a social grade of demographics of unemployed
young adults and teenagers and casual workers. I looked at Burtsbees lipsticks
as they as a company are very natural and nature orientated which relates to my
products as I have done lipsticks for each season, which is also to do with
nature. I also did a primary audience research using SurveyMonkey to find out
what my target audience liked and what they thought looked best. Involving them
in this and on social media would get them excited to buy the product, as they
know that they were involved in the planning. It also lets me know what is
going to make the product sell best.
In all three of my adverts I kept the same logo, brand
name and colour pallet. The image on the advert and the way of making
everything black and white apart from the lips was also kept the same on all
three of my adverts. This makes it easier to sell through repetition and this
creates a recognizable brand image for my target audience to buy into.
My
logo and brand name follows genre conventions, as the typeface looks very
handwritten. This reflects the product and the company’s name as it could have
been written by one of the target audience so they can relate to that. The
makeup smear underneath the text represents the company and products. It is
there to inform the target audience what the company is sleeping (lipstick). I
have chosen to do the makeup smear in pink this has connotations of love and
passion, a love and passion is what the target audience have for lipstick. The
name of the company follows genre conventions of professional adverts as other
professional makeup companies have similar short brand names involving their
audiences. The name ‘Be you’ is good since its reminding the target audience
who are so heavily peer pressured my social media that they can still wear
makeup and still be themselves.
In
all three adverts I had a close up shot from a medium /high angle. This really
complemented the lip colour and made it stand out more at this angle than if I
took the picture from a low angle. This really sells the product as it’s making
it look appealing and good on the modal and something new that isn’t often
used. The target audience want to be new and innovative so they can keep up
with the trends of the season.
The
mise-en-scene choices I made were to attract the target audience to identify
with them with a slight admiration. Since they do aspire to be like them they
will buy the lipsticks thinking that will make them like the modal. I have used
natural lighting to make the modal seem more natural, this will make her look
more like a real person and not too fake and edited. She is also a similar age
to the target audience so they can also identify with her in that way.
I
have learnt a lot of skills from making these adverts on Photoshop. I have got
very good at editing skin in a professional manor on Photoshop. I already had
the basic Photoshop knowledge such using different layers, adjustment of
layers, filters and levels etc. so I have just added to my existing knowledge.
My photography skills have also improved through practice. I have learnt about
angles and lighting and lots of other things. If I had more time I would have
just made my adverts better quality. Now that I have learnt more about
Photoshop and taking photos if I did it again then it would be better quality
and to a better standard.
I
really like how I have made my adverts black and white by denaturing them and
changing the lips to a bright colour that pops. I find this makes it very clear
what is being advertised and really makes the target audience want to buy the
lipsticks. I believe my adverts would work as professional adverts as I have creatively
followed the genre conventions and I have followed all relevant copy right and
legal requirements by using all my own work and by making no false or
misleading claims.


No comments:
Post a Comment